Join today and take advantage of member benefits
Join before the price increase on April 1, 2020!
*Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic and its impact in our community, we are continuing to offer our MITESOL memberships at the current rates until further notice.
Why Should I become a MITESOL member?
MITESOL members become more knowledgeable and skilled in the field of English Language teaching and learning. They are provided with resources, networking opportunities and professional learning.
Members collaborate with educational institutions, agencies, and professional associations to identify and resolve issues in English teaching and learning.
We host an annual conference each fall that provides professional development opportunities for researchers, teachers, and teacher educators at all levels, from pre-K through adult. MITESOL members receive a discounted registration fee to attend the annual MITESOL conference.
MITESOL selects the “Best of MITESOL” presentation annually and nominates that presentation to present at the International TESOL Convention and Expo. Our “Best of MITESOL” presentations have been selected to present at TESOL in previous years.
High Quality Publications
Access to and opportunities to publish in:
- MITESOL Messages: provides information about the professional development activities we host and the travel grants we sponsor, and updates members on ESL issues affecting Michigan and changes in our leadership (e.g., research projects, events, cultural experience; essays on current topics, issues & trends; classroom innovations, lesson plans & teaching tips; reviews of book/material)
- MITESOL Journal: publishes peer-reviewed, scholarly articles on topics related to the teaching and learning of English as an additional language (e.g., research papers; articles on issues in TESOL; research-based teaching techniques; reviews of book/material published within the last 3 years)
Connection with IATEFL Poland
Virtual Collaboration via Website, Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram
MITESOL maintains a website with various resources for members, such as:
- A members-only job board on the site (opportunities are also announced to all MITESOL members via the MITESOL listserv)
- A directory of MITESOL members for networking
- A message board for connecting with other members
MITESOL has a presence on multiple social media platforms, such as:
Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.